The Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: 2nd NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Oil And Gas Essay Competition
The NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Oil & Gas Essay Competition sponsored by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) is designed to promote the Nigerian Content (NC) initiative and create the awareness for Nigerians to build local capacity to participate effectively in Nigerian’s Oil and Gas industry
Essay Topic: Harnessing Local Content Potentials in the Oil And Gas Industry For Nigeria’s Industrial and Economic Development
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in public and private Universities in Nigeria
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation(download a copy) from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to ncdmbessay.com. Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted.
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 words.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address must not accompany the manuscript.
- Entrants’ names must not appear on the manuscript but on a separate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted to appear before a panel for interactive assessment to defend their submitted essays.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows: N500,000 for 1st place, N350,000 for 2nd place, N250,000 for 3rd 4th and 5th places shall each receive N50,000. All top 5 winners shall receive laptops and other items.
- Essays will be judged based on: “Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules”.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
- Successful Top 10 Finalists will be notified by “9th October, 2018”.
- The Prize giving ceremony comes up “25th October, 2018”
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.
Application Closing Date
18th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Register and Submit Entry